Thursday 30 December 2010

2010 the year that was...

We've come to the end of another year...

Fandom-wise, 2010 was a fantabulous year

Top highlight of the year was getting to see 五月天 eight times in a span of 2 weeks.. across 2 continents, 3 countries and 5 cities. Now I know what a world tour feels like, minus the glamour

And here are the other highlights of the year:

1. watched 五月天 in concert eight times this year
I am the epitome of overkill when it comes to 五月天 haha

2. attended two 五月天 press conference
I thank my lucky stars for landing me those awesome passes

3. got to see Kula Shaker live in concert
Finally. More than a decade after I bought their debut album. Govinda never sounded better live. Best of all, I won free concert tickets haha

4. visited Anchorage, Alaska
...though it was just a layover. I never knew Alaska is just a 7-hour flight from Taipei. Kinda bummed that I didn't get to leave the airport.. and double bummed that I didn't get to see any polar bear. Not even the one on display at the airport.

5. traveled west coast USA for the first time; Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco
I left my heart in San Francisco. That pretty much sums up what I have to say about the west coast

6. finally stepped foot in Liberty Island, New York City
my first and last time there. Getting in and out of the island took far too long and security was 10X tighter than standard American airport.

7. joined the iPhone club
Finally got my first iPhone (iPhone 4 rocks!)

8. went to Taiwan three times
Taipei has overtaken SG as my second home.

9. attended my first ever movie premiere
who'd thought Wang Leehom would pick his teeth in the cinema.. LOL

10. bought my first ever blu-ray disc
DNA五月天[創造]演唱會影音全紀錄. Nuff said.

11. appeared on a concert DVD/BD
points at #10

12. group photo with 五月天
Did I mention it was twice? XD

And here's to another great fandom year ahead =]

No comments: