Saturday 2 February 2008

Never Forgive Never Forget

I went to watch "Sweeney Todd" in the cinema today. Didn't plan on watching it, but I was tired from all that walking in the mall. Amazingly, there was no Q at the ticketing counter and we got pretty good seats too despite picking up the tickets only about 30 minutes before the movie started.

I had no idea what the movie was about.. all I heard was it's a musical and Johnny Depp plays a barber in it. What I didn't expect was all that nonstop gore and gurgling blood throughout the film!! There was sooooooo much blood and this guy slitted so many throats of the poor customers who sat in his barber chair. Once the throat is slit, he chucks the body down in the basement where they're cooked and made into meat pies by his partner in crime. Ewwwww. And the blood.. there's so much of it!! It spurts and sprays like water from a garden hose!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee... *faints* To be honest I did feel a wee bit nauseous at the end of the movie.

Blood and gore aside, it was a pretty dark movie but I liked it. *evil grin*

No comments: