Friday 23 May 2008

GMA and Sodagreen

The nomination list for this year's Golden Melody Awards was announced just recently and while Leehom is noticeably absent from the list of nominees (*gasp*), Sodagreen seemed to have picked up quite a number of nominations. I first heard of them through Mayday fans as many of them had raved about how good Sodagreen are. I have not actually heard any of their songs though. Having said that, I have to admit that I am very outdated in what's going on in mandopop world right now. I don't listen to the radio anymore, preferring instead to listen to my fave CDs on endless repeat :P I am ashamed to admit that the first time I heard Onion (洋葱) was when Ashin sang it. I had heard of the song, but not actually listened to it till Ashin sang it on a tv program. I had no idea the song was so popular by then, it was Rayne who pointed that out to me. Now if only suda51 will stop singing Onion... hehe

On a recent trip to Singapore's HMV, I saw Sodagreen's Unparalleled Beauty (無與倫比的美麗) in the new release section. I was tempted to pick up a copy but I hesitated - I don't always buy CDs based on other people's recommendation that I have not listened to.

But judging from the number of nominations they have garnered for that album, I may just buy the CD afterall.

No comments: