Thursday 19 February 2009

No Surprises

I’ve never really been a big Radiohead fan despite what the critics say about how good they are. I do however, own a few of their albums and singles. (on CD mind you, none of those digital music crap :P) A few years ago I picked up a copy of the critically acclaimed OK Computer CD during a sale at HMV cos I've always wanted to own a copy of one of the most essential Britpop albums ever.

Anyhow, I figure the band must be big in Japan cos come 1 April 2009, Radiohead's first 3 albums; Pablo Honey, Bends and OK Computer will be re-released in special Japanese 3 CD editions. And the price? A whopping ¥5,220 each (approx RM205) !!

For the casual fans, there's the budget Japanese edition which is a much cheaper option. I once bought a copy of Pablo Honey - Japan edition with 5 bonus live tracks (including a superb live rendition of Creep) at a fraction of the new prices.

No comments: