Tuesday 3 June 2008

HK trip May 2008

The weather in HK last weekend was wet and cool, ranging from a low of 24C to 30C. It rained almost everyday! Luckily I had packed my new brolly along.


dreary HK
olympic countdown

On my last trip I stayed at BP International in Tsim Sha Tsui area and I liked the location so I booked the same hotel again this time around. The hotel looked no different from when I last stayed in August 2006. Even the room look exactly the same! The rooms aren't big (hey this is HK afterall) but it's very clean and the furnishings are new. I've stayed in far bigger rooms in China and Taiwan where the furnishings are all worn out and the bathrooms stink.

After unloading our luggage, we went down to the corner noodle shop that the bus driver had recommended. The spicy "la mein" is supposedly really tasty.

spicy la mein
We spent a considerable amount of time in TST and Mongkok area. I had no problem navigating my way around the city on foot (it's my fourth visit to HK :D) Made the usual stops at the Esprit Outlet (bought some tees!), Sino Centre, Harbour City mall etc. I didn't buy as many clothes as I'd hope but I've got a new Agnès b. handbag! ^__^

Managed to catch up with Jennifer in Causeway Bay on Friday night (she had just arrived HK that night with her sis and cousin).. and my HK buddies - Angelina (it was really nice to see her again - we were hall mates in uni years ago - thanks for dinner and dessert =]), Christina and Pusanna (thank you so much for everything!!)

morning market at Mongkok

scallop shopping with mom
polo bun
my fave milk tea
yummy mango dessert

No comments: