Wednesday 18 June 2008

Whippin' Piccadilly


While we're on the subject of Gomez (well I did bring up Ian Ball in my previous entry) I thought I'd show ya'll my limited edition Bring It On CD [Gomez's debut album which won the prestigious Mercury Prize award in 1998 for "British Album of The Year"] Mind you, this isn't the standard version - this baby is a rare gem. What more with Hut Recordings, the band's original record label now defunct, the only Gomez back catalogue CDs you'd find are the newly pressed ones under the EMI label. Reissues are a big no-no for CD junkies LOL.

Not your average conventional indie band, these guys combine a whole lot of electronic elements in their music. Onstage, they are a ball (no pun intended :P) of fun. I've seen them on at least 3 different occasions in various Euro locations. They have a tendency to play really long sets - to the point of "extending" each song up to 10 mins (!)

This song reminds me of being a student:-
It features a fresh-faced Ian, who now look like the scruffy Big Issue seller down in Piccadilly Circus LOL


No comments: