Thursday 28 August 2008

Are you blue..or are you blind?


I found out about this CD last weekend - not too sure when it was released (after I stopped my weekly and monthly NME and Q purchase, I'm pretty much in the dark about what's going on in the indie music scene)

So The Bluetones released a CD of their early demo tracks - aptly titled "the Early Garage Years" and tracks include a raw demo version of "Are You Blue Or Are You Blind?" (this is a classic 'Tones track!) Also featured on the album are some home recordings and limited edition tracks.

I'm actually quite keen on getting this cos I ran out of new CDs to listen to LOL (lame excuse to buy a new CD) Afterall it's been awhile since I last bought a 'Tones album.... though I don't really see why they're putting this out now. This album should have been released 10 years ago. Poor lads must be cash strapped :P

"if you haven't heard of The Bluetones then you must be either wet behind
the ears or have been walking around with your head up your rear for the last
ten years or so! "
Mark Moore @ Contactmusic

No comments: