Thursday 7 August 2008

Ode To J. Smith



I received an email from Travisonline.com today about Travis' upcoming sixth studio album release (thanks Village Man for the forward). Titled "Ode To J. Smith", the album will be released on the 29th of September (a week before Oasis' new album release) on the band's own Red Telephone Box label. Which reminds me, I own a copy of "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" 10" single on that label released before the lads were signed with Independiete. I bet it's worth a fair bit now.. I read from a Travis discography site that it was selling for about US$100 online :D


Travis had their concert in Taiwan on Monday and a number of Taiwan's indie artists were spotted at the concert including Shin, Sodagreen, 1976, Chang Chen Yue, Echo, Tizzy Bac etc. I had no idea they have a fanbase there.

9 years ago I started a fansite for Travis - I learnt HTML and built the site from scratch - and it was the 2nd or 3rd most popular Travis fansite back then. Sadly it's been idle since 2005 though it still draws about 100+ visits daily.

My old concert pics are still there! This particular one brings back memories of a really cold winter outside Brixton Academy, London after a Travis gig:-


I took that snap of Franny - I don't even remember that pic (cute pose though!) I posted this pic at Travisonline.com - wait till Fran sees it LOL

2 comments:

chris said...

revive! revive! i was at singfest, they were absolutely awesome! fran is so funny. everyone there was doing the pogo during the last chorus of why does it always rain on me, amazing! i could go on and on...anyways, they played 4 new songs from the new album. much more edgy and rockish than they've ever been. nothing like the man who or the invisible band.

Unknown said...

haha that website needs a major overhaul if I'm ever gonna revive it :P