Sunday 13 June 2010

Monster encounter 12/6/2010

I've met/encountered Mayday several times but yesterday's encounter with Monster was by far the funniest.

It was about 5ish in the evening and my mates and I left our hotel room to head out for early dinner before going to the Indoor Stadium to attend the BWL 20th Anniversary Celebration (with Mayday as main performer). On our way down to the lobby, the lift (with see through glass) went pass the gym (with a see through door) and lo and behold - Monster and Stone were in there! Fans will recall that Mayday are currently on a Adidas 5km running challenge... so why aren't the other guys on the treadmill too? LOL

Anyway, while the rest of my mates shied away, I stood near the gym entrance and in no less than 5 minutes, a very sweaty Monster stepped out from the gym in his Adidas gear, heading towards the lift. I called him and he looked back. I went up to ask if I could get a photo taken with him. He hesitated for awhile before he said to me (in chinese 不好意思 - 我的頭髮亂) "Sorry my hair is in a mess" LMAO!! Not exactly what I had expected from the man. And no, his hair was not in a mess as it had been done up for the afternoon's press conference but it had gone a little flat from all that perspiring. I could see the beads of sweat rolling down his face.

Stone was still on the treadmill when we left and he later posted on his Facebook that he had ran for 20 minutes that evening

No comments: