Wednesday 3 September 2008

Dreaming Of You


The Coral are releasing their greatest hits compilation in a double disc CD set titled "Singles Collection" on 16 September. The album art look almost like Oasis' upcoming album cover LOL

I first saw them in a music video in a Brit Awards nomination DVD back in 2003 when they were nominated for Best British Album and Best British Group. I had "Dreaming of You" on repeat at that time [I was too cheap to buy the CD haha] It was a relatively low budget music video that reminded me of Supergrass' "Alright" in some parts. The song was catchy and it had a retro feel to it - kinda like The La's (both Scouser bands..)

The lads toured with Arctic Monkeys last year (what a line-up!) and they were joined on stage by Noel Gallagher at one of their TV live show. Noel is always out to support all the best bands in the industry - I still remember when he played with Travis on "All I Want To Do Is Rock" at one of their earlier gig. And not too long ago he played guitar onstage with Chris Martin who sang both "Yellow" and "Live Forever" and boy Chris totally messed up the lyrics to "Live Forever".

No comments: