Wednesday 10 September 2008

The Price Is Fine

Not too long ago I posted at Travis.ography and the official Travis forum to sell my copy of All I Want To Do Is Rock 10" vinyl released by Red Telephone Box Records. I received a query from a potential buyer the day after asking for my selling price but I could not find any indication of the market value of that vinyl. I read from somewhere that it was being traded for about US$100 and I saw a copy selling for £100 at an auction site.

Weeks went past and I had forgotten that I left my other email address on Travis.ography and forum. Upon checking my email today (I haven't signed in in over a month), there were a few other emails from more potential buyers. I replied with a quotation of 80 quid and one of them replied promptly saying he'd take it off my hands for 80 quid and he reckons it's a fair price!! :D (that's about approx RM500 !!)

Amazing!! I'd never expect to someday sell that vinyl for £80 when I bought it ages ago in London.. (I think I picked it up from one of those indie record store down at Berwick Street, Soho where I usually hang out for CD hunting in London) Heck I don't even recall how much I paid for it but I'm certain it was nowhere even close to 80 quid.

Only 1,000 copies of the vinyl were released by Red Telephone Box back in 1996 and the year after that Travis were signed by Independiete Record. It's extremely rare! So in essence this was the first single/EP released by Travis before they were signed by a record company. Each copy is individually numbered and though it may not look like much (I know the cover art is pants) but this is a very highly sought after item for any Travis fan. I guess next to the Glass Onion 1993 CD, this is the probably the Holy Grail of any Travis collection.
front of the 10"
back of the 10"
A-side
B-side

2 comments:

chris said...

why sell it now? wait another 10 years, it might fetch more...:p

Unknown said...

good point. Am having 2nd thoughts about selling it now LOL