Friday 5 September 2008

There's A Star

"roman candles that burn in the night.."

I am going to the Ash concert afterall!! Woohoooo!! Thank you Liz for making me change my mind :)

I can't believe I've been a fan for about 12 years now. Back in school I had a metal pencil case that I custom designed in silver paint with an Ash logo on the front. hehe. I first saw them on telly back in 1996 (at the height of Britpop) when Metrovision was in still transmission - they used to air a music chart show from the UK. It was through that same program that I came to discover other bands Oasis, Blur, Cast (they were singing into lightbulbs in one of their MV! LOL), Dodgy, Bluetones, Kula Shaker (singing in Sanskrit!!)

Despite having seen many bands live during the few years when I was in England, somehow I never got to see Ash. I remember they played at London's Astoria many times but somehow they must have missed Notts when I was there. And unfortunately they didn't play at the summer festivals I attended - which is why I am so eager to finally see them. Too bad Charlotte isn't with the band anymore.. I guess she had enough of Star Wars rerun LOL

6 comments:

chris said...

you're going? jelesnya...anyways just have to share this with you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VBCwitxZY

Unknown said...

LOL. u wanna join? come la.. the more the merrier :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the YouTube link.. hey I didnt know Glen Campbell covered Sing! Don't quite like his rendition though :P

Anonymous said...

I think the Ash boys are into Transformers thesedays too. Did you read the entry Mark posted about his baby girl? He wanted to name her Bumblebee. LOL.

Yay, you'll be heading to the concert! Lone Ash fans unite! ;) Haha. Chris, I read in your blog you went to SingFest too? You should come for the Ash gig too, then we can talk about Travis' stellar performance!

I remember Cast. Was it Magic Hour that had light bulbs in the mv? lol my sister was into the whole BritRock thing then in the 90s. I believe she influenced me quite a bit haha. I guess we'll have more stories to tell when we wait in line at Fort Canning ;]

chris said...

have you gals bought the tix? seems like got discount if buy in group. seriously considering since it's raya, no need take too many days leave :p

Unknown said...

I haven't bought the tix yet but Liz has got hers liao. Yeah i saw at sistic if u buy 3 tix then can get group discount. Hmm.. if u are going we need to get 1 more person to join us to get the group discount :)

I think that Cast MV is Walkaway. I have that single CD somewhere LOL. Can't wait Liz. We're gonna have so much to talk about when we meet ^.^