Friday 9 January 2009

Bangkok trip rescheduled

Planning for my Bangkok trip has been a pain in the arse. I made the flight booking way back in October last year for a late November trip, in time to catch the Bangkok Rock Festival right after the Lee Guitars All-Star concert in Singapore.

Bangkok's international airport was closed by anti-government protestors that weekend, the Rock Festival ended up being cancelled thus I couldn’t fly to Bangkok.

Airasia then issued a statement on their website for affected passengers to re-book their Bangkok flights within 3 months at the departure airport. Stupidly, their system didn’t allow us to re-book the flights online.

So last weekend when I was in Singapore, I had to make a trip all the way to Changi Airport to rebook my Bangkok flight. After all the hassle in booking, cancelling and re-booking flight and hotel, I think this may well be my last trip to Bangkok.

No comments: