Tuesday 4 November 2008

Poetry Of The Day After.. 2 weeks



It's been about 2 weeks since Mayday's "後青春的時 Poetry Of The Day After" was released in Taiwan and I have been waiting very patiently for my copy of CD before listening to the album. Downloads just don't cut it for me.. I must have the shiny round disc to listen to while perusing the CD booklet.

After listening to the entire album in one sitting, it struck me how much more mellow they sound now. Track 10 in particular is almost like a classic Dadrock track. Most rock bands go through that Dadrock phase at some point after band members get hitched and inevitably Mayday seems to have gone in the Dadrock direction [oh no!!!] I'm afraid OMG (hehe it's cute how it's spelled OMG in Chinese) is one of the very few songs that's not-so-mellow and it's also my favourite track off the album at the mo ;)

Now then, I have exactly 5 weeks to memorise the album and songs furiously before I embark on my Taipei trip to attend the 50,000 People 出頭天 concerts the guys are throwing for free =]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all the basis for "Paparock"