Saturday 4 June 2011

Gigs gigs gigs

I uncovered some old concert tickets last night and it brought back memories of some pretty good gigs and places I went. I've been to gigs around Asia, the States and Europe and gigs tend to be the same wherever you go, but it's the experience of different places that's memorable.

By far my least favourite gig country is Germany. One Easter I went to Köln to attend a gig. I'd never been to Deutschland and so we flew to Düsseldorf and took the train to Köln for the gig. I have never ever met so many cold people on a single trip.

The friendliest gig audience are the Scots. Once I was at T In The Park, watching the main stage from afar and trying to get a clear shot of the stage, when the bloke next to me offered to sit me on his shoulders so I could get a better view. Hee. I took up his offer though I only managed a few shots cos I was afraid I'd fall off his shoulders. In another incident at the same event, I was in the crowd and I pulled out my water bottle for a drink. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I looked back, this bloke asked if he could drink from my bottle. Needless to say, I had to scrub the bottle after he drank from it. Even the landlady who run the B&B we stayed at offered to cook up Chinese brekkie just for us LOL.

The most obedient and well behaved gig audience are the Taiwanese. If you ever attend a rock concert in Taiwan, you never have to worry bout being squashed in the mosh pit. LOL.

Most fanatic fans are the Japanese, hands down. Everywhere I go, I see Japanese fans in the audience.

No comments: