Friday 17 October 2008

Back in form

I am listening to Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul on my CD player as I'm blogging this =] Lo and behold the CD arrived in the mail today!

Immediately I ripped open the plastic shrink wrap and popped it into the CD player. Track 1 "Bag It Up" blew me away on my first listen. (my current favourite track off the album at the mo) A great opening track and Liam's vocals never sounded better. The next song that caught my attention is track 3 "Waiting For The Rapture". Y'see, I've always been a big Noel fan hehe, despite what people may say about his singing, the man can really sing an epic rock anthem like no other. An exceptional songwriter no less. Track 5, Liam's "I'm Outta Time" is impressively good. A hauntingly beautiful Lennon-esque ballad.

Everyone's raving about how great the new Oasis album is since it's release in the UK last week. Google up "Dig Out Your Soul" and you'll find that the internet is flooded with so many positive reviews. The album features 11 tracks, with Gem and Andy contributing a track each, 3 by Liam (awww he's come a long way since "Little James"), and of course the remaining tracks by the Chief. Whenever I refer to Noel as Chief I am always reminded of this quote "Noel is Chief. Except Liam spells it C-U-N-T" :P

I bought my first ever Oasis CD in 1995 and over the many years I've amassed a collection of over 80 Oasis CDs (!!) It's really good to see Oasis truly back in form.

CDs that arrived in the mail today - Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul and Arctic Monkeys' Favourite Worst Nightmare

No comments: