Friday 24 October 2008

Tim at JD Birthday Show

Tim posted a blog entry at Ash-Official.com a couple of days back after he played at the Jack Daniels Birthday Show in Tennessee (I wonder if the performing musicians get to take home a few crates of JD each?)

Amusingly, Tim blogged:

“It was interesting stepping out of the ash world for a
moment. I left my 2 brothers behind in NYC that I've played with for the last 16
years. They've been working away in the studio on 5 new songs while I was away
galavanting and I'm looking forward to getting back in the studio and hearing
the work they've done. Mind you i always get a bit of a nervous feeling leaving
them to their own devices. One time I left the studio in Spain to have a weekend
back in London when we were recording "Free All Angels". They were meant to have
done a bunch of work, but when I got back they were all destroyed after partying
for 3 days and there was bullet hole in my 1961 Gibson Les Paul SG. But I know
that had a lot to do with our producer Owen Morris.”
Years ago when they first became popular, these guys were notorious for their sick parties and getting wasted. Looks like 16 years later nothing much has changed :P And yes they still make great music!


Meanwhile, I am counting down 10 days to the release of the 1977 Deluxe Edition (sudafan is getting me a copy for my belated birthday - yippee!) 1977 is being re-released as a 3-disc set crammed with all the Ash goodness: 1977 + Trailer packed on disc 1, Live at the Wireless + Live at Reading 1996 on disc 2 and b-sides + rare tracks crammed into disc 3 = a total of 66 tracks on the 3 CDs (whoa!) I am dying to listen to the 4 track demo version of "Girl from Mars", "A Life Less Ordinary (original Tim Simeon version)" and "The Scream (Infamous and yet unheard masterpiece: The pure undiluted sound of Hell)" !!!

No comments: