Friday 3 October 2008

Meeting Ash :)

I did not expect to meet Ash but yesterday afternoon at Fort Canning Park, not only did Liz and I managed to meet Tim, Rick and Mark, we got to sit through the entire soundcheck/rehearsal!! It was surreal!! Tim was really nice - I got to speak to him for a bit :D The soundcheck cum rehearsal session went on for over 2 hours. We got to see them setting up their gear, soundchecking and Tim sang a couple of songs ^^

It was a blazing hot sunny afternoon and I think I got a little sunburned sitting in the sun watching the guys play but it was such an amazing experience to be able to see the guys rehearse :)

Didn't get any good pics during the concert despite being in the front row cos lighting was dim but I took a lot of vids so stay tuned -will post them when Iget home on Monday



Mark, Rick, myself and Tim (Tim’s my fav Ash member!)


he stage (you can see Tim and Mark staring at Rick playing the drums)

Tim and Rick

Tim wondering why it’s so friggin hot in SG

Oh yeah Tim’s sexy back


Mark burning in the sun



The concert was WICKED! They played many songs (19 altogether) mostly songs off 1977.Sadly they didn't play Cantina Band [I heard them played a few lines of it during their soundcheck] but I'm not complaining cos they played Walking Barefoot, Renegade Calvacade, Jack Names The Planets and they totally brought the house down when they played Burn Baby Burn.
Will do a proper review when I am back in KL - meanwhile enjoy the rehearsal pics :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow~~~~~~

chris said...

u actually manage to get in in the afternoon?

Unknown said...

yep!! casually strolled into fort canning park when they were soundchecking that afternoon!! LOL