Wednesday 19 May 2010

Bangkok dangerous

I got to know this evening from my friend in Bangkok that Central World was set on fire in the afternoon by rioters. I spent some time shopping there during my trip to Bangkok in March 2009. It was walking distance from the hotel I stayed in Pratunam area and along the way we stopped to have dinner by the sidewalk, right before reaching Central World. Best som tum I've ever had in my life.

Situation in Bangkok is worsening. Telephone signals were out today. The Thai government have declared curfew tomorrow. May 17 and 18 which were declared as holiday have now been extended to the end of the week to keep people off the streets for their safety. I hope my friends in Bangkok are safe.

Art, Jib, Tangmo, Fern and Nuch, if you guys are reading this... stay safe!

1 comment:

ツリちゃん☆ said...

Central World set on fire?! Hope the situation improves D: