Sunday 5 September 2010

A parcel's round the world journey

Back in April this year I mailed a poster to a friend in Toronto. I promised to send her a DNA Mohegan Sun poster if I manage to get enough of them from the concert promoter. She had returned to Toronto by the time by the time I picked up the posters in New York the day after the concert so I had to mail it to her.

I packed the poster in a USPS parcel box that Elly used to send me posters some years ago. Unfortunately my friend never got to see the parcel I sent her - it reached her address some 4 months after I mailed it @@ and she had returned to HK by then. Canada Post didn't allow her friend to collect the parcel on her behalf so the item was returned to sender.

A couple of weeks later the parcel arrived 'home' after a voyage around the world. It was in such a sorry state. The box which was originally shaped like an oversized Toblerone look like it had been run over by a truck. Sadly the poster housed inside did not survived the journey.

There was an apology note from Canada Post.

For months when the parcel hadn't reached Toronto, my friend blamed Canada Post. It wasn't till a few days ago when I removed the stamps before chucking out the parcel did I realise that the local post office had mistakenly stamped "SEA MAIL" on the parcel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erk... that sucks >.<

thengfei said...

SEA mail vs. AIR mail...tt's a HUGE difference....gosh...btr write in cap its AIR mail.....felt sorry for ur friend n d poster.....