Monday 26 January 2009

The great return


There are a couple of things that I look forward to in the new year and amongst others, Blur making a comeback in 2009.

Britain's favourite indie band of the mid 90's is reforming and will be making performing live together this July at Hyde Park. Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon has put aside their differences (Coxon was sacked from Blur) behind them to reform. Even arch rivals Oasis' Noel Gallagher has recently buried his feud Blur after 13 years and confessed he is a fan of their music. Apparently, Noel reckons that "Beetlebum" is a great tune. Awww..

In an exclusive NME interview, Alex James joked about how regrouping is "gonna be a bit like putting the 'A-Team' back together for a job. We've gotta bust Rowntree out of law school!" Eh? Has Dave gone to law school??!

I like Blur =) Their songs sound so distinctly British and I love how Damon's cockney accent echoes through their songs and the feel of London shines through his voice.

2 comments:

ツリちゃん☆ said...

For a period of time in my teens, they used to be my absolute fave band. That was probably before Ash, I think. I remember I got whacked by my dad for staying up so late at night watching MTV Countdown for their music videos :p

Unknown said...

The good ol' Britpop years ;)