Friday 27 February 2009

In the nick of time

Two weeks ago I started playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS and after countless hardcore hours of gaming, coupled with numerous late nights, I finally completed Phantom Hourglass today; defeating Bellum and rescueing Tetra! I had hoped to complete the game before leaving for Bangkok so I won't have to carry the DS with me there.

Suffice to say - Phantom Hourglass is a great game and one of the best game that I've played on the DS. Am I biased? I do not think so. There are many great game franchises that have stood the test of time and Zelda is clearly a classic franchise. I remember playing my first ever Zelda game on the original GameBoy - it was Link's Awakening which sadly I never got around to complete and the old GameBoy screen is now busted.

Link is now in 3-D on the DS (remember when he was just a wee grey cell shaded Link on the GB?) and he is just so unbelievably adorable with that enormous pair of saucer eyes!

I found the ending of the game rather sad *sniff* and looks like I wasn't the only one who thought so - a fellow gamer at Gamespot voted it as the #1 Saddest Game Ending

No comments: