Tuesday 28 April 2009

Band of Cpoppers

Some years back I used to spend a lot of time at Cpop.co.uk forum playing forum games (they were highly addictive) with my band of cpoppers. The forum offered songs for sharing/download and attracted many forumers from around the world with a common interest: Chinese pop music.

The community of forumers were primarily based in the western hemisphere and over the few years when I was active I had befriended many like-minded friends from the US, Australia and England. A couple of them are my very cool American and Welsh Caucasian friends who adore cpop music yet neither speak nor understand a word of Chinese. Such is the power of music. It knows no language barrier. Leehom has been driving this message for years when promoting cpop to the rest of the world.

Over the years the forum got revamped and I stopped being active. I had well over 10,000 posts (!!) by the time I had 'retired' though whenever the forum admins did their housekeeping I'd lose a few hundred posts cos they'd delete the old posts. Told ya I used to be there a lot.

No comments: