Tuesday 7 April 2009

Live Forever Oasis

We arrived at the Singapore Indoor Stadium last Sunday way ahead of the scheduled 8:00pm Oasis concert, thinking we'd be one of the few early birds. To my amazement, the security guy told us there were fans who were even more 'kiasu' than us who had arrived the night before!!

It was good to hear Oasis sing a number of their old songs from the first two albums (classic tunes like Supersonic, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Rock N' Roll Star, Slide Away, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back In Anger) I'm rather surprised that they still open their set with Fuckin' In the Bushes! Sadly Noel didn't sing 'Whatever' but he did sing 'The Masterplan' so I'm quite content, thought it would have been nice if he had sang 'Whatever'.



Liam looked as cool as ever onstage, with his trademark swagger, hunched as he sings with his hands tucked in his parka pockets (didn't he used to have his hands clasped behind his back when he sings?) In between songs he'd come up to the front of the stage to stare at the crowd. At times, he'd toy with his tambourine.. he does a pretty good balancing act with the tambourine on his head. Noel looked like he had just gotten out of bed LOL his hair looked unkempt. Obviously he's intent to keep his 'permanent bedhead' look

tonight i'm a rock n roll star!
Thankfully the concert was held at the Indoor Stadium as I cannot imagine the condition of the mosh pit had it been an outdoor event. Liam wouldn't have survived the heat and humidity singing onstage in his parka. What annoyed me the most was the girl who stood behind me at the gig. When Oasis appeared onstage, all hell broke loose in the mosh pit and cos we were right at the front, when the people at the back started pushing forward, we ended up being squashed to the barrier. And we remained squashed to the barrier ALL night! The oversized girl behind me had her body pressed against my back throughout the show (it wasn't pleasant I tell ya). That was by far the rowdiest and most uncouth crowd I have ever seen.
Talkin to the songbird yesterday..
The good thing was that we got to the front row (yay! all that early Q-ing up finally paid off) and had an amazing view of the gig with a nice spot right in front of Noel. I got Noel's guitar pick!! :))

I got Noel's guitar pick!! :)

Noel 'The Bedhead' 

*all photos by bloodbubble 2009

2 comments:

chris said...

no live forever :( anyways, you've got to show me the pick!!! i want to touch it, lol

Unknown said...

haha sure thing! Noel's magical pick ;)