Monday 6 April 2009

Oasis in SG & Mayday in Australia

I have not blogged in a week. Partly cos I had a crazy past week at work and I only just got back from a much needed getaway weekend in Singapore. It was good to see Oasis live in concert, they reminded me of when I first started listening to them in the mid 90s, which now seem like a really long time ago. For the longest time during that period I thought they were the greatest band ever. Over the past decade I expected their popularity would've somewhat declined but how wrong I was when I turned up at the Indoor Stadium and saw what appeared to be a majority of new generation of young Oasis fans, who were probably still in their diapers when Definitely Maybe was released. I will get to a separate post on the concert, which by the way rocked. Yeah they kicked ass!!!

And while I was away, Joyce, my Aussie friend from Sydney texted me to inform me of Mayday's upcoming Aussie gig, slated for 28 and 29 May in Melbourne and Sydney, making it their second stop on the upcoming D.N.A [Dance Now Ashin] world tour which will kick-off the week before the Aussie stop in HK where they'll be playing 3 nights at the Coliseum. I've already secured tickets for the HK shows and cannot wait to go :) I was hoping the Aussie leg of the tour would happen later in the year so I can make a stop down under since I've never been there and it's high time I make stop to visit Joyce as well. But looks like the timing is off :( Shucks.

No comments: