Saturday 22 August 2009

The flood

What a crummy week.

My dehumidifier busted some days back and caused a mini flood in my room. The calcium chloride liquid seeped through the shelf (ewwww..) and into my of CDs/DVDs/books!!! Thankfully most of my stuff escaped unharmed as they were sealed though sadly there were a few unfortunate casualties. The only saving grace is that the casualties weren't OOP items, so replacing them won't be too difficult a task [hopefully]

The calcium chloride liquid had a greasy feel thus cleaning the spillage was a bit of an arduous task.. and the residue left behind doesn't seem to be drying up, even after 2 days!

Will need to air out the flooded area and my stuff before I can pack them away again. My CDs and DVDs are now homeless until I can sort out a home for them. Sigh.

my Mayday CDs are now homeless!!

No comments: