Sunday 30 March 2008

Din Tai Fung

Had lunch at Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) today at The Gardens. I didn't realise until I had stepped into the restaurant that Kwong Hwee took me to the Singapore branch at The Paragon, Orchard Road about 2 years ago. Right outside the restaurant they had a huge board plastered with newspaper clippings of some of their famous patrons which include Leehom, Ang Lee, Chow Yun-Fat.. (I was too engrossed in watching the chefs making the Xiao Loong Baos I had forgotten to snap a pic of the Leehom and Ang Lee newspaper clippings)

Din Tai Fung specializes in Xiao Loong Baos. They come in baskets of 5 for RM11.00. 5 in a basket isn't a whole lot. I can easily finish a basket or 2 myself cos they are so yummy :D

yummy xiao loong baos

Menu is pretty limited.. they only had la mien, fried rice, dumplings and udon. I ordered the seafood udon which wasn't too bad but the portion was fairly small. Service was quick and efficient, even at lunchhour when the place was packed we didn't have to wait long for our orders.

No comments: