Wednesday 27 May 2009

20090520-22 DNA巡迴演唱會 香港站 D.N.A Hong Kong (Part 2)

CONTINUED FROM PART 1

Fabulous setlist. They played two new songs: DNA and 放肆. I love 放肆!!! It's got a really infectious melody =)

I was disappointed that 噢買尬 was sung only on the first night. They played a wonderfully beautiful mellow rendition of 約翰藍儂. They also played 一顆蘋果 which I adore. 天使 has been rearranged and I don't quite like the new version.


I love the D.N.A concert costumes. In line with the black and yellow theme, the guys had matching black & yellow jackets and had their shades on during one of the set. COOL. Ashin had an array of Stay Real clothing which looked really good. I especially like the Stay Real jeans with the Stay Real fonts printed on the back of it.

Masa looking dead cool
like my new Stay Real jacket? 
Each night the concert ran for over 3 hours 20 mins (don't you just love them?) and ended just before midnight. On the first night, a Coliseum official was seen signalling to Monster that they only had a few minutes left as they were approaching midnight. By the second night, fans were demanding for a second encore. They refused to leave the Coliseum and were chanting encore and stomping their feet for over 10-15 minutes. On the third night, Ashin had to explain that as much as they'd love to continue singing, the last train was at midnight so they had to end their set by then to ensure everyone gets to go home. Yet on the third night fans still demanded for a second encore!

Of the 3 nights, they only had one guest artist, Richie Ren who appeared halfway during 戀愛ING on the second night. It was a very brief appreance, he sang only a few lines of the chorus from 對面的女孩看過來

On the last night, Eason Chan was seated directly 2 rows behind me!! He entered about 2 hours after the concert had started and there was a commotion when he came in.. when I turned around I saw several security personnel and photographers taking his photo. I've never seen Eason in person, so it was good to see him upclose.


The highlight of the D.N.A concert was Mayday dancing *cough* During intervals when the band disappear backstage to change, they had videos of the band on the screen to keep the audience entertained. I won't spoil it too much but they had some really funny videos (think Mission Impossible) and the dancing video was a fan favourite.

Once the audience had seen the dancing video, they couldn't stop asking Mayday to dance. Each time Ashin tried to talk, his voice was drown by the massive chants of "跳舞 跳舞 跳舞". Ashin kept saying if you want to see a dancing concert, go watch 飛輪海 [Fahrenheit] haha. But on the third night, they obliged the audience's request and danced! It was hilarious. Ashin and Masa looked lost while the other fared pretty well.


*all photos and videos by bloodbubble 2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!! You were so close to Eason!! Great photos!(= By the way, what camera do you have? It's really excellent quality for a dark indoor arena!

Unknown said...

Thanks =) Eason was directly 2 rows behind me! I'm using Canon IXUS.

Anonymous said...

So lucky!(= Oh now I wish I had brought my IXUS instead of my powershot! Then I probably would've been more eager to get some photos knowing they'd come out better!(= Welp at least now I'm prepared for next time haha!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.