Wednesday 3 June 2009

Blur's Midlife.. crisis?

This weekend Blur will be performing together (hooray Graham's back!) at Hyde Park for the first time in years. Aww I wish I could be there.. I last saw them live many years ago. Too long ago! I hope they'd extend their current tour to Asia, though I don't recall them ever touring this part of the world.

In conjunction with their comeback, they are releasing a new Best of album titled "Midlife: A Beginner's Guide To Blur" due out on 15 June 2009, featuring 25 songs. A Beginner's Guide To Blur? Are they hoping to garner new fans??


Sadly Country House is not on the tracklisting along with a couple of my other favourite Blur songs: End Of A Century, On Your Own. Why was Country House left out? That was the song that sparked that mega battle of the bands Oasis vs Blur at that time. Weren't they planning on doing a new version of that song for the upcoming gigs?

Anyhow, with or without Country House, I think I'll be passing on this as I already own most of my favourite Blur songs on CDs.

No comments: