Saturday 12 July 2008

Always open your heart

Come this month end, B'in Music will be releasing a 7-11 album (currently on pre-order in Taiwan) The album will feature amongst others, new songs from Mayday and Champion, and possibly Fish Leung and Ping Guan. Other tracks include cover versions of Mayday songs by Won Fu, 831 (Ashin's current pet band) and Cosmos People. I hear the bands are covering 戀愛ing, 終結孤單 and 疯狂世界. I look forward to hearing the other bands' rendition of the songs, which hopefully would not be another lame cover version (remember how Fahrenheit butchered 溫柔?) But given the fact that these are a bunch of indie bands, I think their reinterpretation of the Mayday songs should be worth a listen.

I've not had any luck ordering the album online at 5music or Yesasia - the album isn't even listed so I'm wondering if it's just a limited release?

On another note, has anyone seen Hellboy 2? I hear Travis' "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" is featured in the movie (albeit just a couple of lines was played) WOW. An old Travis song in a Hollywood blockbuster - the director must be a fan of the Scottish band and has taste in music. You can tell by the fact that he picked an old song from their 1997 debut album over their newer songs LOL Well, afterall the lads haven't had a decent album since The Invisible Band :P

No comments: