Thursday 17 July 2008

Dig Out Your Soul

What a coincidence - my bro and I both have a Beatles' song title as our blog entry titles today!

"With A Little Help From My Friends" remind me of Oasis' "She's Electric" as they both have the exact same riff right at the end of the song. Noel has a tendency to incorporate elements of Beatles' songs into Oasis song and the man wears his "Plagiarist" tee with pride LOL.

Octopus' Garden is a Ringo song and is almost always featured in the end of Oasis' "Whatever" when they perform it live. When Noel sings it, you can be sure he'll sing the lines "I'd like to be under the sea In an octopus' garden in the shade" (they tend to alternate between "Octopus' Garden" and "All The Young Dudes") The line "I'd like to be under the sea" is also featured in Oasis' b-side "Take Me Away". I guess Octopus' Garden must be one of Noel's favourite song..

Though Octopus' Garden isn't a Beatles single, any self respecting Oasis fan would know it. If you're an Oasis fan you should be able to guess a Beatles song title just from the first note :P

I am looking forward to their seventh studio album, "Dig Out Your Soul" which is due to be released on October 6 [ooooh it's the day after my birthday - I'd very much like a copy for my birthday :)] Of all the bands I used to listen to, Oasis is probably the only (non-cpop) band that I still support (Little wonder considering that I've been a fan since 1996) I have over 80+ Oasis CDs in my vast CD collection - making it the most CDs I have from a single artist!

Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul cover art

Mayday's Monster is also an Oasis fan ^.^

No comments: