Sunday 31 August 2008

Double take

It's bad enough that I am missing out on Ash's only Asia stop in October - now I can't even find a copy of their latest album in the shops! *pouts* Have all the copies been snapped up by local fans who plan to head down SG for the concert..?

SG beer festival eh? Drink Baby Drink 
Which makes me wonder if the upcoming "1977" remastered deluxe edition will be available here? I wasn't planning on buying it initially as I've already the first edition and more than enough Ash CDs in my collection (I've 14) but they're throwing in the debut mini album "Trailer", a 34-track live CD and a b-sides CD = all in a 3 CD set!! There's also a 4-track demo version of "Girl From Mars" - can't wait to hear that :)

Weezer did the same a couple of years back with the Blue Album and threw in an extra disc of b-sides. I remember picking this up instantaneously at Gramaphone when I found it cos I wanted Susanne on CD so badly LOL - the song that was featured in the movie Mallrats.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I bought my Twilight of the Innocence CD at Tower Records. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I saw a copy of it at BB Plaza, Tower Records. You could try your luck there? If that doesn't work I'm quite sure Victoria Station at Sg Wang has a copy of it too :]

PS: Looks like you're a huge Travis and Ash fan. That's great to know, considering that there arent too many 'good music' fans in Malaysia! Can't wait for the Ash gig this October. If only they would play in Malaysia. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. I tried looking at Victoria but no luck :(

U going to the SG gig? I couldn't find anyone to go with me! :((

chris said...

same problem here! lazy wan to go so far alone

Unknown said...

Let's wait for them to come to KL then LOL. Not likely to happen...anytime soon :P

Anonymous said...

I just bought my Ash Live in Singapore tickets actually.. Despite Charlotte no longer in the band, but I can't just sit around at home and not attend an Ash concert when they're only playing 7 hours away from where I live..! Plus I already missed out on their 2001 SEA tour. I'll be going alone :-/ What better way to make friends with the person next to you during a gig though? ;]

You should come for the gig! I'm sure they'll be selling merch and you can finally get that Ash CD in HMV Singapore, perhaps? Heh.

Unknown said...

U are going alone? OMG I've been looking high and low for someone to attend the concert with!! Hey mind if I join u?? ^^

Unknown said...

Hey Liz how can I contact you? Mind dropping me an email at yeeling05@gmail.com

I seriously wanna go if u don't me joining u at the concert ^^ My bro didn't wanna go cos Charlotte is no longer in the band :P

Anonymous said...

I seriously don't mind at all! Hehe. My friends were beginning to get worried that I was serious about going to the concert alone. Haha. I'll drop you an email soon :D

Currently in the midst of my finals. Sigh.