Monday 11 August 2008

Travis in Taipei

Exactly a week ago today Travis played their first ever concert in Taipei's Hsinchuang Stadium (after the weekend Singfest in Singapore) I looked up YouTube in search of vids (I was curious if Fran attempted to speak Mandarin at the concert LOL) There were many vids and this one had the lads singing 'Flowers In the Window" together (who's that bloke in white with the tambourine?) They sound like drunkards singing at the pub in the last verse haha. What surprised me was listening to the crowd singing along to the song in unison! I've never heard so many Taiwanese singing in English :P It's so amazing.. I never knew they were so popular in Taiwan.

Check out the Taiwanese fan singing along to the chorus in "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?"

In a separate vid, Fran spoke of how he had never seen so many fans at the airport welcoming them when they arrived (he mentioned that there were 200 fans) He must be so chuffed :)

No comments: