Monday 3 November 2008

Music-Man (with sidekick Bahamut) rocks Singapore

Music-Man was fun. And it was good to see all the familiar faces of the homies from across the globe gathered at the Indoor Stadium in SG last Saturday. And of course Elly a.k.a smeLLyphant, my homie from Boston! :) I last saw her [almost] 2 years ago at the Mohegan Sun show in Conneticut on my maiden trip to the States.

That Saturday we arrived early at the stadium to pick up Elly's ticket.. and unexpectedly, much to our surprise we saw an altar table set up at the side of the stadium where the local fans in blue Ourhome SG tees have already gathered to watch the Music-Man offer prayers. We waited for almost an hour before Leehom appeared to pray.

Leehom praying for a fullhouse concert... and his pants not to fall off ;P
We sat at PA-1 section, Row 10 which is in the heart of the fanclub zone. Once again much thanks to Fei for securing the tickets. The seats were really squashy - I don't know why they arranged the chairs so close to each other cos the last time I was at the Indoor Stadium to watch Mayday back in April, the seating wasn't as bad. It's kinda weird to be rubbing thighs with the stranger guy beside me and each time he blew his whistle I swear I felt as if my left eardrum was gonna pop!

The Japanese fans seated beside Baby J were a funny lot. The one right next to her brought along a pair of binoculars *ahem* Row 10 isn't that far from the stage. Maybe she's got really bad eyesight or something.
The concert was about 2.5 hours long and it was good to hear Leehom sing songs that weren't in the previous tour. I particularly enjoyed "Ai Cuo/愛錯" ;) Previous songs from Heroes Of Earth tour (that had not been dropped) has been rearranged. And I still think the rock version of "W-H-Y" sounds bizarre. And so does "Hua Tian Cuo". Highlight of the night was when Leehom's pants fell off. Ha ha ha! That's what happens when you do speed costume change :P

If anyone has it captured on vid, please do share :)

1 comment:

sunset2712 said...

Ling... so short review you have here! more more!!! lol