Saturday 6 September 2008

Sayonara Tendo sensei

I completed Lifesigns: Surgical Unit last week and I have to say it ranks as one of my fav game on the DS. The only other game of this genre is Trauma Centre which I gave up about halfway through gameplay as it proved too difficult for me.

Unlike Trauma Centre, Lifesigns did not revolve around just surgeries but also the daily life of Dr Tendo, the 2nd year intern who's also the male protaganist of the game. Wikipedia describes the game as "a cross between Scrubs and Trauma Centre".

The biggest difference between Trauma Centre and Lifesigns is that you get to examine the patient before making a diagnosis. You don't get to operate until you make the correct diagnosis.

I read a few online reviews and many had complained that there isn't enough gameplay (too much text reading and drama) but I think that was why I enjoyed the game so much. (I lost count of the number of patients I killed on the operating table) Surgeries are fun but they are by no means easy. Or maybe I just suck at operating haha

Now that I'm done with Lifesigns I think it's time I get back to Phoenix Wright 3.

No comments: