Tuesday 9 September 2008

Waiting to reach you

Out of desperation as the Ash concert is approaching (only 23 days to go), I resorted to ordering Twilight of The Innocents online at HMV. My local pursuit of the CD was heading down a dead end anyway and HMV had the limited edition Japanese 2 disc set version that includes a 12 live track CD. Not a bad deal for ¥2,030 [approximately RM65 equivalent]

The only catch was I had to purchase another CD to be able to buy the Ash Cd at that special price and HMV only had a selected range of CDs in the promotion – mostly Coldplay, DBSK, Radiohead, F4, etc. They had the entire Coldplay back catalogue on promotion but since I already own all their pre-Viva La Vida albums, I ended up buying Radiohead’s Pablo Honey re-release version with additional live tracks for ¥1,144. It was a toss between The Bends and Pablo Honey but in the end I went for the latter cos I’ve always wanted to own Creep on CD. And speaking of Creep, I remember reading that Sodagreen covered it at their recent HK concert. I believe the song is featured on their live CD - which I've yet to hear (anyone got a copy? care to share with me?) I hope it wasn't too bad a cover version. Then again you can never trust a Taiwanese band to sing a decent cover version of an English song. (Ashin is excused for his rather poor cover version of the Beatles' Hey Jude cos he doesn't speak English too well LOL)

HMV despatched my CDs today - I hope they arrive by the end of the week =]

No comments: