Friday 2 May 2008

49 days later...

Each time a public holiday falls on Thursday, most working people tend to take Friday off so they can enjoy a nice long weekend. Today all 3 partners in my department are on leave, including my department head.. hooray!! I can chill at work today :D

Tomorrow is the 49th day of my gran's passing. We have to be back in Benut to perform prayers. Apparently prayers are performed to see gran off to the next life as Buddhists believe that the deceased enters his next rebirth on the 49th day of passing.

Prayers will start at 9AM so I've to be up real early tomorrow cos Benut is a 4 hour drive from KL. According to mom, we have to be back on the 100th day as well for another round of prayers.

I miss spending lazy weekends at home! This is the 3rd consecutive weekend that I am away from home..

No comments: